[Lapg] Common Vision in LA ( Lawndale) Tree Planting Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:00PM till finished

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Feb 26 23:44:43 PST 2008

 From Sara Environmental Charter High School  report on Common vision
tree Planting at the School plus
  ( Lawndale) Tree Planting  Saturday, March 1, 2008  12:00PM till
finished see below

Today was one of the most amazing days of my life (i know i say that
a lot, but it was).  one of the buds I have been developing in my
head has finally bloomed into a magical fruit thanks to Common Vision
and all the students and teachers of Environmental Charter High School.

ECHS is officially the coolest school in the world.
On this very day we not only planted over 40 fruit trees, had african
drumming, and eco-hip hop, hosted over 30 amazing Common Vision folks
at our school.

BUT soon you will be eating:  apples, pears, peaches, nectarines,
persimmons, low cuats, avacado, lemons, guava, and a few more trees I
can't remember.

Here are the pictures of the tree planting:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/sara-ndipity/sets/72157603989686605/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/sara-ndipity/sets/72157603989686605/

The Common vision fold are returning on Saturday from 12:00-3:00 to
help our Green Ambassadors spread (like Johnny Apple seed, RANDOM
FACT:  one of my heros, who was banned by the Christian Coalition of
woman b/c his apple trees were used to make hard cider) the love of
fruit trees in our community.  Anyone is welcome, from students
getting their community service hours, to us common folks who want to
be part of some amazing energy.  This Saturday from 12:00-3:00 ECHS
campus is the starting point.  We are trying to get 50 fruit trees in
our surrounding community  and offer fruit trees as our moving in
gesture (pretty nice gift).

  Common vision is extraordinary. They are an amazing organization
and it is worth coming to our school this Saturday just to vibe off
of their energy.

  I can't even begin to tell you how amazing that was for our
students to be part of it and how amazing it was to see it all
happen. Hopefully we will have more peeps this saturday.  Invite
whomever you can!

What:  Fruit Tree Planting
Where:  16315 Grevillea Ave
When:  Saturday, March 1, 2008
12:00PM till finished
Why:  to spread the fruit tree love in our community.

Greenly yours,

Sara Laimon
Environmental Charter High School
Green Ambassador Director