[Lapg] "SwanSong for the Lawn" workshop March 20 PLEASE POST

iginia boccalandro rolfing4u at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:36:11 PDT 2009

Hello,

You are ALL INVITED to an ExLawn work party.  You are invited to come
and get hands on experience building with free urbanite, mulching,
planting and making Encino greener.  Turn the lawn into an edible
forest garden in ONE DAY!  LEARN how to do it CHEAP.

For those who know that we are, as a family,  taking a Permaculture
Design Certification Course with Larry Santoyo this makes some sense.
For the lucky others follow along and we'll fill you in.  Permaculture
a term coined by Bill Mollison is the combination of the words
agriculture and permanent which implies sustainable design for living,
working, playing and ultimately creating permanent culture.

As homework we were asked to asses the needs and  resources of our
property.  We did  and based on those observations we want  to create
the conditions for our home to be more energy efficient, sequester
carbon and grow food.
We have come up with ways to cut costs, increase value, reduce water
consumption, grow food and recycle construction waste to build a
raised, edible, garden bed.
The first step will be to replace  our lawn with a food forest.  Join us!

Larry and Katherine Santoyo will be conducting this "SwanSong for the
Lawn" look for more activities at www.earthflow.com

DATE: Friday March 20
PLACE:  5429 Louise Avenue, Encino, CA 91316.
Time: TBA  (10-4)
Cost:  $25

RSVP 818 913-2877

Looking for wheel barrows, , tools,shovels, good quality mulch and
volunteers.  All will be fed lunch.

--
Iginia Boccalandro
Certified Advanced Rolfer