[Lapg] Transition South Bay screening of "Power of Community", Sun. 12/6

W Talaro wtalaro at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 05:16:34 PST 2009

Greetings!

I regret that this event presents a time conflict with the screening of Fresh at Jennie Cook's. This potluck, film, and clothing swap event in Manhattan Beach will overlap the event in Glassell Park.

Day and Date: Sunday, December 6, 2009
Time: 4:30PM - 6:30PM
Activity Name: Film
Screening/Potluck/Clothing Exchange
Sponsoring Group: Transition South Bay
Location: Joslyn Community Center, Room no. 2
Address: 1601 Valley Drive; Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Contact Name: Patrick Becknell
Contact Email and RSVP: transitionsouthbayla at gmail.com
Additional info: suggested donation of $5

Transition South Bay would like to invite you to our event taking place Sunday, December
6th. We'll be showing a documentary about how Cuba survived Peak Oil
called "The Power of Community" followed by a Q&A, organic appetizer Pot Luck, Songs, and Clothing Swap. (To make it a community event, please consider bringing a food or clothing item.)

For all newcomers to Transition....Welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Transition is an engaging way to grow true local
resilience while working to create communities that come together
to solve the dual problems of peak oil and climate change...all with
a healthy sense of fun. Can you imagine life after oil?
In addition to outer work, or "real world" work, Transition involves
doing the inner work needed to maintain a healthy outlook and balanced
approach to creating true permaculture.

For more background info and other events, please visit Transition South Bay LA at http://transitionsouthbayla.blogspot.com