[Lapg] 07 - Designing for sustainability and the Earth Resources Foundation with some simalr

Dennis Pilien dpilien98 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 15:03:00 PDT 2010

Hi Josue and other aquaculture-friendly types:
I am just building simple aquaculture systems for as little input as
biologically and economically possible (and maximum biological output as
possible). One is in my backyard and another at my community garden (incognito),
as they do not allow animals there. I don't want to lecture or explain via
internetworking but in person if you are interested. I type too slowly. I also
work with the Solar Energy Academy of La Mirada HS and the Green Architectural
Design Academy at Garfield HS and also for the Earth Resources Foundation in OC.
I found it takes a lot of steps one at a time, but it is very worthwhile and
rewarding. I need someone who wants to go with me in late August or early
September to Thermal, CA; the West side of the Salton Sea (Salton City or ?) and
the west side of Brawley to use cast nets and other means to catch fingerling
and adult wild-typeTilapia mossambica for serious startup and growout and
through winter locally. This particular species is the only one of the two
species of this genus that is easiest to access AND the only one of two species
of this genus that the California Department of Fish and Game allows you raise
legally. These fish are the closest to the African wild-type in genetics you can
still get. These are not GMO organisms and there is no intellectual property
rights on them. They are the most aquacultured finfish species in the world in
MT/yr. Let's work on some aquaculture projects! We will help get each other get
started and moving forward on existing projects.
Towards sustainability,
Best,
Dennis Pilien
call me first (562) 947-3979 home