[Lapg] Fw: [Scpg] Next permaculture guild mtg. Wed. July 20 - on AQUAPONICS!

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 7 12:13:32 PDT 2011

I just got back from the Bay Area Permaculture Convergence and I can't wait
until we build up critical mass and start doing more together (like the
following that is happening in Santa Barbara).  It was so obvious from the
reports from the Bay bioregions that they are now at the point where each
project supports and expands the other projects in such a way that permaculture
is popping up there.

We'll get there too!
and kudos to all of you who are holding that vision.
Towards that end let's get together!
What: potluck/bbq/meet-up specifically for NELA folks but open to any LA permies
who want to gather
Where: my house in Eagle Rock.
 4867 Wiota St. LA 90041
 323-630-4673
When: 7/23 (Saturday) starting at 4 pm - going until 7??? Let's plan to start
any "formal" discussion around 5.
Please RSVP so I know how many to expect. Also please BYOB.  I'll have some food
and drink for us but the more you bring the more we'll have!

"There is one, and only one, solution, and we have almost no time to try it. We
must turn all our resources to repairing the natural world,and train all our
young people to help. They want to.
We need to give them this last chance to create forests, soils, clean waters,
clean energies, secure communities,stable regions, and to know how to do it from
hands-on experience"
"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even
if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is
enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison