[Sdpg] Reminder tank installation workshop this Saturday

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Tue Oct 26 07:54:18 PDT 2010

Hello Rain Lovers!

Just to remind you we have a Tank Installation and Laundry-to-
Landscape workshop this weekend!  There are a few spots left.  See
below for the details.  I've included a couple pictures from last
weekends successful installation of a 1000 gallon tank at St. David's
Preschool.

Hands-on Rainwater Harvesting/Tank Installation/Greywater Harvesting
Workshop
Saturday, October 30 9am-4pm, Lunch provided

Class cost: $50-65, sliding scale

Are you looking forward to the upcoming rainy season so you can
harvest that precious water resource instead of watching it go down
the drain? At this hands-on workshop, you'll learn about different
rain storage options, important steps for water harvesting and how to
use your stored water. Join Brook Sarson, water harvesting
professional, with H2OME (www.h2o-me.com) at a University Heights home
where she will walk you through a 500 gallon tank installation and a
715 gallon tank installation linking (3) 205 gallon tanks in series.
You'll also learn how to create basins for passive rainwater harvesting.

Are you curious about greywater? Would you like to tap into this
gently used water to grow more for less? On this same day, you can
help install a simple laundry-to-landscape system to water a basin of
berry vines. We will go over the latest greywater policy for San Diego
and show you how to install your own.

The class will start with a site introduction, followed by an hour
presentation on rainwater and greywater harvesting strategies and
considerations. Then we will discuss the specifics of our site, our
materials, and begin to rotate in small groups, installing various
parts of the project.

You will walk away from this workshop with enough information to make
an informed decision about the possibilities at your site. You will
also know how to install your own water tanks or greywater system, and
have access to resources to help you complete your project.

Class size is limited to 15 attendees, so please RSVP soon to Brook at brook at h2o-me.com
, or call 619.964.4838, to reserve your spot. Our host will be
providing a simple but nourishing lunch. Please let us know if you
have any dietary restrictions.

Brook Sarson
H2OME
Smart Water Savings