[San Diego, CA Permaculture]  Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification Course Starts Jan 19, 2016 - Live Online

Lou Robbins robbins3 at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 11 11:50:48 PST 2016

Hi!

I have a passion for the importance of chickens and to let the public know
that chickens are not “filthy and dirty” if cleaned up ..just like dogs!

The positive  far out powers the negative.

Unfortunately, I live in a condo in UTC/La Jolla area with a small court
yard and “farm animals” are not allowed.

Any suggestions of how I can use my passion?

Many thanks!

Lu

Lou-Ellen Robbins

858.587.9994

858.722.9994 cell

Robbins3 at san.rr.com

3203-1 Caminito Eastbluff

La Jolla, CA  92037

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
Course Starts Jan 19, 2016 — Live Online

Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification Course

Begins January 19, 2016

ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER
10 Online Classes: Tuesdays & Thurdsays, 7:30pm EST

If you miss a class or want to review
Replays of all classes available 24/7

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51
dc4912b&id=15ddee443c&e=bc9090718b> Register at ChickensAndYOU.com

<https://gallery.mailchimp.com/067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b/images/350ea09a-d29
a-4b61-be51-5eb228d5102d.jpg>

Facilitated by popular speaker Patricia Foreman

Author of the course text books:
City Chicks and Chicken Tractor

We guarantee that after taking the
Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification Course
you will understand
how to keep and employ chickens
to help feed yourself, and others
 for the rest of your life!

There is a back to the land movement and it’s happing in backyards and on
small parcels of land across the planet. By employing chickens’ skill sets,
and permaculture design principles in kitchen and production gardens you can
grow and produce much of your own vegetables, eggs and meat. This not only
saves on grocery bills, but you are assured that your food is grown in
living, clean soils and the food, using and preserving heirloom seeds, is
high in vitamins and minerals. With small-scale, labor-saving methods, you
will learn how to minimize work and maximize production in your spare time.
Developing your own chicken have-more plan is the most practical way to
stretch income and keep yourself, and your family, in good health with
healthy foods.

Participants earn the respected

Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification

With a certificate suitable for framing!

Class Topics

<https://gallery.mailchimp.com/067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b/images/999f410f-de3
c-4bab-8fc3-7a5c41b5b19c.jpg>

101. The Chicken Have-More Plan
102. Laying Hens 101

103. Brooding & Educating Baby Chicks

104. The Chemistry & Art of Cooking Eggs

105. Chicken Whispering: Discover the

        Chicken You Never Knew!
106. Primary Poultry Health Care

107. Intro. to Gardening With Chickens

108. Composting & Biomass Recycling
        with Chicken Helpers

109. Way of the Hen: Incubating Eggs

         & Raising Chicks Naturally

110. Final Q&A and Certification

<https://gallery.mailchimp.com/067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b/images/2057b262-284
9-4ad4-b049-ff88a06c1bdf.jpg>

<https://gallery.mailchimp.com/067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b/images/2b536604-3dd
c-41fa-b6da-59251fcff1b8.png>

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51
dc4912b&id=3e7c28a5d2&e=bc9090718b> Gain skills that will serve a lifetime!
REGISTER NOW!

"The BYCK Certification course was an awesome experience.  It was very
informative and practical.  I have learned a great deal about chickens, and
also about the delicate balance in our current food production system,
including the dangers with modern agriculture, and the benefits of organic
and sustainable agriculture.  I am certainly more aware of buying locally
produced food from living soils and humanely raised meats.  This class just
made sense in general to me.  I am a psychologist and treat mental health
patients every day, and if folks would embrace the concepts from this class,
I think that many folks would be much better off. There is much to be said
of quality, and this is something that is emphasized in this class, both for
chickens and people." —Brad Croyle, Pennsylvania

"Pat is an amazing person and instructor!  The course was well worth the
time and money." —Julie Chasse, Berryville, MD

"This course was more than I expected. I hoped to learn a lot about chickens
and instead I learned about sustainability in so many different forms that
are interdependent in our world. I now have a window to deeply understand
and appreciate soil, food production, heritage chickens and how I can
contribute to reversing the effects of choosing profit over quality in our
world. In other words I learned way more than I expected to and I am deeply
grateful for this." — Anahata Iradah, Georgia

"I didn’t realize how in depth the Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification
would be.  Amazing as that is
it was lots for us to digest!  In fact, I feel
like we could take this course, 10 times over and still keep learning!"  —
Tamie Posnick, Santa Barbara, California

"I have had chickens forever, over 8,000 birds. This course was very
helpful. Pat is a wealth of information and with each class I always learned
something new to help my flock. She is so knowledable and experience and
does such a wonderful job getting infirmation to us. I especially learned
from her class is how to keep my flock healthy and happy. I'm a much better
chicken keeper. Thank you and don't stop!" — Sandii Peiffer, Pennsylvania

"Great course, Pat! Thank you for taking the time to teach. This class was
good for the newbie to the experienced poultry owner and you've done a great
job of putting it all together." Dr. Laurel Eakin—Indiana

"I’ve enjoyed and benefited from the class tremendously.  Thanks for all
you’ve done!"—Don Rowland, South Carolina

"Got chickens? Want chickens? Want to do right by them? Then The Backyard
Chicken Keeper course is for you! Practical information that cannot be found
anywhere else. Don’t settle for a chicken coop and run with nothing but mud.
This course will teach you how to care for your soil in order to better care
for your chickens AND how to have your chickens build the soil to better
care for YOU! The class on brooding was the most useful information I have
ever received on the subject, with many tips and tricks that you won’t get
in any of the how-to books. This online course is interactive and super
friendly, I have made many friends during the course and I am so excited to
stay in touch. It is great to meet other people who share the same goal of
sustainable, happy, healthy lives for their chicken flock. I hope to
continue taking online classes or workshops in this format, Pat Foreman is a
great teacher with an infectious attitude, and I can’t wait to learn even
more!" — Karen Johnston, North Carolina

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51
dc4912b&id=4cffb58f43&e=bc9090718b> Class size limited — REGISTER NOW!

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51
dc4912b&id=e7d606ca9a&e=bc9090718b>

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51d
c4912b&id=1e8e093925&e=bc9090718b>

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51d
c4912b&id=2ca5883d21&e=bc9090718b>

Copyright © 2016 The Gossamer Foundation, All rights reserved.
You have expressed interest in hearing about our upcoming Chickens And You
events at a special event you attended.

Our mailing address is:

The Gossamer Foundation

20 GreenWay Place

Buena Vista, VA 24416

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage1.com/vcard?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912
b&id=ec4ae8db12> Add us to your address book

You can
<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/profile?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc491
2b&id=ec4ae8db12&e=bc9090718b> update your preferences or
<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51d
c4912b&id=ec4ae8db12&e=bc9090718b&c=82f9c844c6> unsubscribe from this list

<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=067ee0ed82884a8f
51dc4912b&id=82f9c844c6&e=bc9090718b>