[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Grow Food Party Invitation - Sunday April 11, 2010 - 10AM to 5PM - Please RSVP

Devin S devinfromheaven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 21:53:14 PDT 2010

Hey everyone!

This is the first Santa Cruz Grow Food Party in a while. I'm excited! Check
out the info below for the details you need. Please Read and Respond. RSVP
is important.

Greetings!

This is your official invitation to join us for Bruce Sawhill’s Grow Food
Party on Sunday,
April 11 from 10AM to 5PM. What is a Grow Food Party you ask? Well, get
ready for
some fun!

*What is a Grow Food Party?*
A Grow Food Party is FREE. A gathering - whether at a residence, school,
business, or
community center - in which friends, family, and neighbors come together to
have fun,
eat delicious food, enjoy live music, and plant an edible garden!

This party is an expression of Grow Our Village: Garden Parties that
Transform
Neighborhoods into Eco-Villages led by Abundance In Balance Design. Devin
Slavin of
Abundance In Balance Design, co-founded the Grow Food Party Crew which has
been
running a similar garden party system since February 2008, and is
responsible for over
100 Edible Gardens planted through celebration since then.

For an idea of what happens at a party, check out the Grow Food Party Crew
video
on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4

*Bruce’s Party*
Come learn how to transform a yard in one day! Food Forestry, Water
Harvesting,
Veggie Gardens and more. There is even the possibility of a Laundry
Greywater system.
We will be playing music and eating a delicious vegetarian lunch prepared by
Tereza
Coraggio, former Grow Food Party Host and Italian chef extraordinaire. For
carnivores,
beer brats will be grilled in honor of Bruce’s Midwestern heritage.

*Date and Time:*
Sunday, April 11 from 10AM to 5PM, rain or shine!
*
*
*Address:*
508 Olive St.
Santa Cruz,CA

*In Honor Of and Dedicated To:*
The late Graydon Livingston, a longtime mainstay of the UCSC Farm and Garden
Program and the former owner and resident of Bruce’s house.

*What to Expect:*
Expect to experience your perfect mix of hanging out and having fun and
pitching in to
plant the garden. How much you work is really your choice. Though it’s
planned and
facilitated by Abundance In Balance Design, the whole party is actually
generated by the
people who come! Everyone pitches in with their own work and creativity in
the moment
(see below for opportunities to assist at this party).

*Do I need to bring anything?*
Attending a Grow Food Party is pretty simple, we recommend you bring along
the
following:
• A desire to have fun!
• Clothes to get dirty in
• Sunhat/Sunscreen
• A water bottle (to cut down on dishes)
• Potluck item to add to lunch or snacks and refreshments during the day
• Tools to use for the day (if you have them)

*Cycling and Rideshare:*
We would like to see how many people can ride a bike or carpool to this
event! A large
garage will be provided for safe bike storage and the car relegated to the
street.

*Assisting with the Party Crew:*
To make this party effortless and seamless, we form a crew of volunteers
that look after
key aspects of the party. These people take on roles like welcoming,
organizing food,
music, looking after children, and caring for the host. If you are
interested in assisting,
please respond promptly, because we will need to organize a few things ahead
of time.

*To RSVP, visit www.AbundanceInBalance.com*
And click “Courses and Events” to find your party. Registration is free,
quick, and easy.
Anyone is welcome! Bringing friends and family is encouraged! There will be
plenty to
do for everyone.

--
Devin Slavin
Regenerative Design & Mentoring

Upcoming Events:

Getting Nature Connected and 4-Seasons Permaculture Course in Santa Cruz, CA
- April 16, 2010
Visit www.jonyoung.org/getnature for registration and more info.

Video:

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4