Global Green USA Sustainability Symposium

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 15:42:11 PDT 1999

one of the better disguised commie plots...

meanwhile i'll be at bioneers (www.bioneers.org)

ew

"We need a new system of values, a system of the organic unity between
humankind and nature and the ethic of global responsibility." -- Mikhail S.
Gorbachev, President, Green Cross International

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

We are honored to announce that The Natural Step has been awarded the 1999
Millennium Award for International Environmental Leadership by Global Green
USA, the American Affiliate of Green Cross International.

In conjunction with an awards ceremony to be held in Los Angeles on October
29th, we invite you to join us for Global Green USA's Third Annual
Sustainability Symposium: "HOW Business CAN LEAD the Way: Stemming Climate
Change and Greening the Bottom Line."

Co-hosting the event with Global Green USA is: Anderson School at UCLA;
Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Technology; CEO Coalition for
Advancing Sustainable Technology; Donald Bren School of Environmental
Science and Management at UCSB;
USC, Environmental Sciences, Policy and Engineering Sustainable Cities
Program; and
South Bay Association of Chambers of Commerce.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER:

STEPHEN H. SCHNEIDER
world renowned climate change scientist and Professor at Stanford University

PANELISTS INCLUDE:
Gary Hirshberg, CEO Stonyfield Farm
Karl-Henrik Robert, M.D., Founder of The Natural Step
David Suzuki, Ph.D., Author, Activist, Broadcaster
Alexandra Paul, Actress and Environmental Activist

MODERATED BY:
Pat Mitchell, President CNN Productions

The event will take place from 2:00pm - 5:00pm on Friday, October 29th at
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, 1700 Ocean Avenue.  Admission is FREE and
space is limited, so reserve a ticket by calling Mark Feigin at
310-394-7700, ext. 111 by October 26th.

We hope you can join us!

Catherine Gray
Executive Director