[Scpg] "Hot Tomatoes"

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Mar 12 05:54:50 PST 2003

SANTA BARBARA ORGANIC GARDEN CLUB PRESENTS FREE TALK ON "HOT TOMATOES!"

The Santa Barbara Organic Garden Club will present a free talk on "Hot,
Tomatoes! How to Grow Your Own Delicious Organic Tomatoes" on Wednesday, March
19 at 7 p.m. at the Community Environmental Council Gildea Center at 930
Miramonte Drive in Santa Barbara.

The featured speaker will be well-known Santa Barbara Farmers Market organic
tomato farmer Barbara Spencer of Windrose Farm in Paso Robles. She will
discuss
practical, hands-on organic techniques for growing the tastiest modern and
heirloom tomato varieties. Larry Saltzman, co-founder of the Santa Barbara
Organic Garden Club (with his wife Linda), will moderate.

The Santa Barbara Organic Club had its first meeting on July 12, 2000 and
presents monthly local events and activities on topics of interest to
gardeners
weaning themselves from chemical pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.

For more information call: (805) 563-2089.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous