[Scpg] Food Justice Network Meeting: Tuesday, March 23 (fwd)

Faramarz Nabavi faramarz at greens.org
Wed Mar 17 12:34:14 PST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:45:19 -0800
From: Rose McGuire <rose at lacehh.org>
To: foodadvocates at aumha.org
Subject: Food Justice Network Meeting: Tuesday, March 23

ALL ARE WELCOME TO THE MONTHLY MEETING OF THE

Los Angeles Food Justice

Network

Tuesday march 23, 2004

10 am to noon

Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles

Community Room

1102 S. Crenshaw Blvd. , Los angeles

(between Olympic and Pico)

THIS MONTH’S ACTION PLANNING:

Special Guests  Steve Baldwin of Nutrition Network

and David Libatique of Councilmember Martin Ludlow's office

and Discussion:

Now that obesity has made national news and we’re promoting fruit and
vegetable consumption in schools—–can we get city, county or state policies
to promote healthy eating?

And what can the city do about fast food development and fast food zoning?

JOIN US AS WE FIGHT FOR FOOD JUSTICE!

Food justice is everyone having enough to eat: healthy food for our
children: food that doesn’t contain harmful things that we don’t know about:
freedom to grow our own food: ability to buy food directly from farmers:
fair wages for those who grow, cook and work with food

RSVP (not required, it’s just so that we can know

how many people to prepare for):

                                                            Rose McGuire
(213) 439 1070 ext. 113

Frank Tamborello
LA Coalition to End Hunger & Homelessness
520 S. Virgil # 300
LA CA 90020
phone (213) 439 1070 ext. 115
fax (213) 439 1080
frank at lacehh.org
www.lacehh.org
Partnering with LASHA to Bring Los Angeles HOME!Support the 10 year plan to
end homelessness!