[Scpg] Please come join protest to protect Chumash sacred site

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sun Jan 16 13:33:51 PST 2005

URGENT!

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE, ANNOUNCE, & FORWARD THIS CALL FAR & WIDE!

A Chumash sacred site in the San Marcos foothills is in jeopardy but it's not
too late to stop developers - If we pressure oversight agencies to further
consider the site as meriting protection status.

For those of us who are committed to the struggle for social justice in
Amerika
this is an opportunity to demonstrate solidarity with our Native American
elder
brothers & sisters   Our local Chumash people need our support and are calling
us for help.  Please come with prayers, good intentions, blessings, and/or
political solidarity.  In unity we are strong and live forever.  Power to the
indigenous movement!  Marcelino Sepulveda, poetcrab at yahoo.com
WE NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!

Please plan to join us in a demonstration this Monday, Jan. 17th,
10:00 am to 2:00 pm, to bring attention to the need for protection of
a Chumash sacred site here in Santa Barbara, the San Marcos Foothills.
MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.

LOCATION:
San Marcos Foothills
At the juncture of Highway 154 and Foothill Rd/Cathedral Oaks Rd
Santa Barbara

DIRECTIONS:
>From Highway 101, Northbound or Southbound
(Please note that San Marcos Pass is closed, but you can get to the
Cathedral Oaks exit!)
Take the San Marcos Pass/Cachuma Lake/Hwy 154 exit.  After you get on
154 going towards the mountains,
Exit at Cathedral Oaks Road (Foothill Road)
Turn Right at bottom of ramp on to Foothill Road
Take first Left (within a few 100 ft) on to Cieneguitas Road
Go to very end of Cieneguitas
(Someone will direct you to parking, if needed.  This is a
neighborhood, so please be careful of residents' driveways, etc.)

Contacts:       Marcus Lopez,
<http://us.f412.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=shalawa@sbceo.org&YY=90886&orde
r=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b>shalawa at sbceo.org,
               Roberta Cordero,
<http://us.f412.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=roberta.cordero@gmail.com&YY=90
886&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b>roberta.cordero at gmail.com

We'll provide water and signs and a little coffee.  Please bring
snacks if you like.  MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.