[Scpg] United Nations International Day of Peace, SB Thur, Sept 21

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Sep 14 08:37:27 PDT 2006

Thursday, September 21 is the 25th annual United Nations International Day of
Peace.  Over 160 countries are commemorating this event.  In Santa Barbara
there
will be an event at the Courthouse Sunken gardens beginning at 6:30 p.m.  The
program begins with a proclamation of peace by Mayor Blum followed by words of
hope and peace by Rev. Mark Asman, Babatunde Folayemi, Stephen Sherill, and
the
Rev. Karen Weingard.  Live music will be provided by Lisa Lavie and Lois
Mahalia, Melissa Ramsey-Demeter and Dion Mial, backed by the Center of the
Heart Band featuring Eje` Lynn-Jacobs, George Friedenthal, Chris Judge, James
Spitzer and Chris Thomas.  After the program concludes we will hold a candle
light vigil.  This is an event for people of all ages, faiths and political
beliefs; a chance to unite with millions around the world in support of peace.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous