[Scpg] laakea internship june 20 to july 18

robert silber robertjsilber at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 00:57:03 PDT 2007

  Aloha Friend,
  Imagine exploring permaculture, sustainability and intentional community in Hawai’i this summer. If this is something you or others you know might be interested in please read on.
  La’akea Community is a cooperatively-owned intentional community on the big island of hawai’i. Our farm practices tropical permaculture and devotes special attention to the oft-neglected social dimension of sustainability:  how to live together.  Our electricity comes from the photovoltaic panel on the roof. Our water also comes via our roof into a rainwater catchment system. We started working together over two years ago and currently grow the majority of our food.  We have classes in non-violent communication, co-counseling and other modalities that increase emotional awareness and provides tools for relationships and community living.
  We are interested in sharing what we know – helping to educate through experiential learning. This is why we are reaching out to you.
  This summer we will be offering a one month internship from June 20 - July 18, 2007. We would appreciate your help in getting the word out. I have enclosed/attached a flyer which summarizes the program. We have been operating a successful work exchange program for a year and a half. This summer we will be adding to it. Participants will enjoy eight workshops, half focused on permaculture and the other half on communication/interpersonal skills.
  We are located near many special features of the island. Participants may adventure to nearby beaches, snorkel among coral reefs, explore geothermal steam vents and caves, view molten lava and visit other permaculture farms. Group decision making will lead to two organized field trips in addition to self-initiated explorations.
  The fee is $600; which supplies all the delicious food, mostly organic and from the land, and incidentals. Covered camping is the housing– participants supply their own tent and sleeping pad/bag. Twenty hours of labor each week is also expected. The program is limited to ten individuals. More information and an application may be found at: www.permaculture-hawaii.com or by emailing: laakea at permaculture-hawaii.com
  Sincerely,
  La’akea Community (Tracy, Biko, Robert, Dona, Judy, and Joao)
  www.permaculture-hawaii.com and laakea at permaculture-hawaii.com

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time