[Scpg] Santa Barbara charity Alpha has 5 acre garden, greenhouse in need of care

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 14:10:19 PST 2007

Hello-
My name is Marisa and I’m contacting  you as the Outreach Coordinator for
Alpha Resource Center of Santa Barbara.  Alpha is a 54 year old non profit
organization that provides life changing  support for people with Developmental
Disabilities in Santa Barbara County.
Our main site is located on a  wonderful 5 acre property with an established
garden and large greenhouse. This  property is utilized during the week by our
Adult services program that provides  support to 95 individuals with
developmental disabilities. Many of our  participants use the garden as a sanctuary
where they can escape to a quiet  restful space all their own. Although the
space and the concept of the garden is  terrific it is in dire need of a visionary
group with a love for gardening to  make it into a Paradise Garden for Alpha.

This brings me to the reason for  contacting you. Alpha would love to find a
local garden club who needs a place  to meet and a garden pallet where they
can explore gardening to its full  potential.
If you know of any clubs who might  be interested in this unique opportunity
we would greatly appreciate you  forwarding this information to them. Or, if
you have any other ideas for us on  how we can create a garden paradise for our
participants we would love to hear  from you directly.
Thank  you-
Marisa  Bourke
Development and Outreach  Coordinator
Alpha  Resource Center of Santa Barbara