[Scpg] Reminder: Garden Work Party this Saturday am at Alpha!

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 08:30:07 PDT 2008

Please join us anytime Saturday morning, August 16 for a Drop-In  Garden Work
Party at the growing permaculture food forest garden at Alpha  Resource
Center in Santa Barbara from 9 am - noon.  We will  be handing out lots of FREE
SEED  PACKETS -- veggies, herbs, flowers etc. which have been  donated to the SB
Organic Garden Club and SB Permaculture Guild.

We'll be sprucing up the garden in preparation for the Alpha Garden  Party
(you're definitely invited to that too, as they'll be  honoring us garden
workers for all our efforts!) at 1 pm on  Wednesday, August 20th.  If you can attend
the party on the 20th,  please bring any musical instruments, bongo drums
etc. that you have, as we'll  be making music with the Alpha clients, staff and
guests as we celebrate the  beautiful new raised bed, barn owl houses and the
growth of the baby fruit  trees in the last six months...

Please invite your friends to join us at the Work Party and Garden  Party!
We need lots of willing hands... We'll be "creating the conditions  for
community to happen," as the permaculturists say...

Feel free to bring snacks to the work party if you like, but it's not
necessary. Cold water is available in the greenhouse, so you may want to bring a
cup of some kind. No need to bring tools - Alpha has lots.

Alpha Resource Center is at 4501 Cathedral Oaks (look for  the turquoise
roofs).

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Linda

Read reviews on AOL Autos.