[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] Fwd: MAY 23/SB Permaculture Network Goes on a Road Trip to Quail Springs Learning Oasis & Permaculture Farm

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Tue May 19 22:21:35 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Michael and Grace Hernandez <crazymiles at earthlink.net>
> Date: May 19, 2009 8:36:09 PM PDT
> To: Shelley e-mail <shellane13 at verizon.net>, Maria Wasserman <mariawass at hotmail.com
> >, K Boone <kboone9 at gmail.com>
> Subject: MAY 23/SB Permaculture Network Goes on a Road Trip to Quail
> Springs Learning Oasis & Permaculture Farm
>

> Santa Barbara Permaculture Network would like to invite you to go on
> a Road Trip!  On Saturday, May 23rd, we will meet at 7:30am to leave
> Santa Barbara and head back to see what Quail Springs Learning Oasis
> & Permaculture Farm ( www.quailsprings.org) is currently up to, as
> we join them for one of their Saturday Farm tours.  Quail Springs is
> in the Cuyama Valley, about one hour north of Ojai, off of Hwy 33.
>
> The farm tour is $20 per person, and includes an organic lunch.  We
> love to support Quail Springs and all the innovative work and
> programs they are doing, this is one of their fundraising efforts,
> please join us for a fun day.
>

> Please RSVP directly to Santa Barbara Permaculture Network (margie at sbpermaculture.org
> ) as soon as possible so we can tell them how many to expect for
> lunch.  We will respond to your RSVP with directions to a meeting
> location downtown for carpooling and other instructions. (Must be
> prepared to bring your own car if necessary).
>

> <<<>>>
> Description From Quail Springs:
> EDUCATIONAL FARM TOUR of Quail Springs
>
> This Saturday MAY 23rd, from 10am-2pm
>
> The high desert is still in bloom and the birds are singing!
>
> Join us on Saturday to learn about permaculture design, natural
> building, and how sustainability touches the ground here at Quail
> Springs.  View a food forest, naturally built cob home, straw bale
> common house, gabion and watershed restoration, meet the milking
> goats, take a dip in the spring-fed pond if you like…. And share a
> delicious home cooked lunch with us at the farm!
>
> All ages are welcome.  Suggested donation: $20/adult, $5/child -
> includes lunch and tour.
>
> Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
>    an educational non-profit since 2000
> (805) 962-2571
> P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
> margie at sbpermaculture.org
> www.sbpermaculture.org
>
> "We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
> order to grow." - Anonymous
>

> "If you have come to help me you are wasting your time. But if you
> have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us
> work together."	(Aboriginal Activist)

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope  •  2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton,
CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.