[Scpg] report on last week's Soil Food Web course by Dr. Elaine Ingham

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 09:27:36 PST 2009

_Soil  Food Web Course with Dr. Elaine Ingham_
(http://www.permacultureusa.org/2009/11/07/soil-food-web-course-with-dr-elaine-ingham/)

By  Owen Habluzel, Permaculture Research Institute USA

“A  wise person once said that soil is not only more complex than we  know,
it is more complex than we can ever  know! The good news  is humans have
lately achieved a level of practically applicable knowledge and  experience in
soil biology to be absolutely capable of massive, positive  impacts on
sustainable soil use world-wide! It is undoubtedly true that we’ll  never know
everything, but no matter – we already know enough to get very,  very busy!
Renowned microbiologist _Dr. Elaine  Ingham_
(http://www.soilfoodweb.com/brief_bio.html)  kicked off the West  coast leg of the first-of-its-kind
_Carbon Economy Course_ (http://www.carboneconomysb.com/)  with a powerful
three-day  learning-fest centered on the soil food web. The  bionics of biology,
miracles of super-charged soils, blessings of  extra-strength compost, and
explosive results of super-activated compost teas  were all on abundant offer
in this powerful course. Such topics sparked a  highly-charged, enlivening
energy in the ‘brain-food-web’ of the attending  students, while setting an
inspired tone for the modules to follow in the  series…”

Read  the full article at: