[Scpg] Mano Farm's "Food Justice" fundraiser

mano farm manofarmers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:32:11 PDT 2010

Hi south coast permies!

My name is Justin Huhn, I am a certified Permaculture Designer, and over the
past year along with my two friends, David & Quin, have consciously created
Mano Farm.  We are a hand-cultivated, experimental farm on one acre of land
in Ojai, California. We specialize in heirloom vegetables, medicinal herbs,
and offer our produce through a Community Supported
Agriculture<http://manofarm.org/csa>(CSA) program. We do not use
chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides
on our crops; we are “organic” in all ways, save official certification.

We are one week into our 60-day "Food Justice" fund drive through the
website Kickstarter.com.  Our goal is to raise funds that will effectively
support many low-income families here in Ojai to receive subsidized shares
in our CSA program.  Our fundraiser page and video can be found here:

--
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manofarm/mano-farm-community-supported-agriculture-food-jus?ref=users

If you too feel strongly that access to healthy, local food shouldn't be an
economic equation, please support us by pledging, or passing this on to
friends or folks you think may support us!

We at Mano are always looking for volunteers to come join us, learn
small-scale farming skills, and get their hands and feet in this healing
soil.

Thanks for reading and passing this on!

blessings,
Justin