[Scpg] steep permaculture slope ideas?

Owen Dell owen at owendell.com
Fri Sep 3 16:03:44 PDT 2010

First, check with a consulting geologist about whether your slope is stable enough to accept the destabilization and additional water loading that comes with terracing. I've seen too many incredibly expensive disasters resulting from inappropriate slope modifications to not speak up on this one.

Owen

Owen E. Dell, ASLA
Owen Dell & Associates
Landscape Architect • Educator • Author
P.O. Box 30433 • Santa Barbara, CA 93130
805 962-3253
owen at owendell.com
www.owendell.com

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“It’s the core of my life, making things, making these places. What else would I rather do? ... It excites the hell out of me.” (Lawrence Halprin, Lovejoy Fountain, Portland, Oregon)