[Scpg] Office Manager for Youth-Enviro Non Profit (Ventura, Ojai)

EW ew at ewerb.com
Thu Feb 17 12:26:28 PST 2011

http://ventura.craigslist.org/ofc/2198253392.html

(this could be a rare case where mentioning my post may be helpful, eric
werbalowsky)

Office Manager for Youth-Enviro NonProfit (Ventura, Ojai)

Date: 2011-02-05, 4:35AM PST
Reply to: job-8zqjt-2198253392 at craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Executive Assistant to the Director:
The iMatter Campaign, a project of the non-profit Kids vs. Global Warming
(KvGW) is currently in need of an Executive Assistant/Office Manager/Savior.
iMatter is a grass roots, multi-media campaign with the unrealistic and
nevertheless actual goal of rallying thousands of youth to rise up and lead
our whole society to protect the planet for future generations. (no
joke...we really are that idealistic) We are collaborating with
environmental groups, cities, schools and organizations to organize hundreds
of marches around the world on Mother’s Day, May 8, 2011. The marches (and
our other secret work you'll learn about if you get this job) will elevate
the youth voice on climate change to reframe the topic as a moral obligation
and an issue of intergenerational justice.

Requirements:
• Be located in or around Ojai or Ventura, California
• Have office management experience
• Be very organized and have a high attention to detail, but not so anal
that you'll go insane when you see how unorganized we are without you
• Be self-motivated...extremely self motivated and hyper-responsible and
able to think and take direction both at the same time
• Have excellent research and writing skills
• Be good with Quicken and ledgers and stuff like that.
• Be super smart....college degree is a bonus.
• Be easy-going, friendly, passionate about youth and sustainability and
like chickens.
• Have a sense of humor.

Job details:
• 20 hours/ week to work from Global HQ located in Oak View
• Manage and maintain spreadsheets and data, paperwork, stamps and other
things that otherwise overwhelm the director
• Manage speaking engagements and scheduling and respond to inquiries
• Keep us organized on Smartsheet
• Contact partner organizations and nag them to do things they promised to
do
• Support in researching and writing memos, briefs, and other educational
materials
• Must be able to start immediately

    •    Location: Ventura, Ojai
    •    Compensation: $15/hour. can turn into full time pretty easily.
    •    This is a part-time job.
    •    This is a contract job.
    •    This is at a non-profit organization.
    •    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    •    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    •    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.