[Scpg] Sat Oct 20 10 am "New Feijoas from New Zealand!" with Glen Woodmansee Goleta Library

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Sep 28 07:23:41 PDT 2012

*"New Feijoas from New Zealand!"*

*Presentation on Pineapple Guavas by **Glen Woodmansee*

*Saturday, Oct. 20 at **Goleta** Library*

On Saturday, October 20, 10 am - noon, the Santa Barbara/Ventura chapter
of the California Rare Fruit Growers will present a talk on feijoas by
expert Glen Woodmansee of Santa Monica at the Goleta Public Library, 500
North Fairview Avenue in Goleta.

Feijoas (pineapple guava) are easy to grow in Santa Barbara but most of
us don't have the most delicious cultivars. Glen will take us on a
whirlwind tour of New Zealand, where exciting new feijoas are being
developed. He'll introduce us to Down Under feijoa growers and lovers.
And he will tell us how the new feijoa cultivars are performing in Santa
Monica now that many of them are beginning to fruit for the first time
in the U.S.!

Glen will also show videos that give the history of the fruit and how it
grows. And we'll hear how New Zealanders make feijoa wine - and we'll
learn what a Feijoa Fruju is!

Glen's talk was very popular at the Los Angeles and Orange County
chapters of CRFG. Now it's our turn - don't miss it!

**

*WHO: *Santa Barbara /Ventura chapter of California Rare Fruit Growers
presents a talk by *Glen Woodmansee* of Santa Monica. (Worldwide CRFG
President Margaret Frane will also be attending.)

*WHAT*: "*Feijoas!" *

*WHERE*: Goleta Public Library, 500 North Fairview Avenue, Goleta, CA

*WHEN: *Saturday, October 20, 10:00-noon

*FEE*: Free to members; small donation ($3 - $5) suggested for
non-members, to pay for room.

*FRUIT:* /If you have backyard fruit to share, please bring it! We love
doing tastings!/

//