[Southern California Permaculture] Thurs. Dec. 4 7:00 p.m. Looking at the Past Present and Future of the Santa Ynez River Steelhead. Solvang Library

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Dec 3 08:09:34 PST 2014

Thursday, Dec. 4, at 7:00 p.m. Looking at the Past, Present, and
Future of the Santa Ynez River Steelhead. Solvang Library, 1745 Mission Drive.

Will we ever witness the return of a steelhead fishery on the Santa
Ynez River? Historian and biologist Mark H. Capelli will explore that
question in this free illustrated program on Thursday, Dec. 4, at
7:00 p.m. at the Solvang Library, located at 1745 Mission Drive.

Capelli's talk will focus on the historic Santa Ynez River steelhead
fishery and the role of our local river in the recovery of the
southern California steelhead. A seagoing rainbow trout that has been
protected by the Endangered Species Act since 1997, this fish
previously spawned in watersheds ranging from the Santa Maria River
to the Mexican border.

Mark Capelli has spent much of his professional career working on
behalf of the survival of southern California steelhead, He is the
Recovery Coordinator for this species as part of NOAA's National
Marine Fisheries Service.
[]

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571