[Southern California Permaculture] Permaculture Paradise Workshop Phase I, Sat Mar 21, in Carpinteria

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 14:20:32 PST 2015

We'll be mixing it up on Saturday March 21 from 8:30am-1:30pm in Carpinteria--creating a rain catchment berm and basin, planting fruit trees, transplanting roses, and preparing a front yard with a typical lawn to become a food forest.
Register online at this link:Permaculture Paradise Phase I, Sat Mar 21, in Carpinteria | Sweetwater Collaborative

|   |
| Permaculture Paradise Phase I, Sat Mar 21, in Carpinteria | Sweetwater CollaborativeJoin us for Phase I of a project that will transform the landscape in both the front and back of this property, shaping the earth to capture the rain, taking out the lawn, adding fruit trees and more edibles, planting climate friendly plants, mixing in... |
|  |
| View on sweetwatercollaborative.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

   mixing in nitrogen fixers, and adding plenty of mulch to help keep the water in the ground and build healthy soil organisms.During Phase I, we'll be diverting rainwater from two downspouts as well as an underground pipe that has been carrying stormwater from the side and back of the house into the street. It's exciting to be able to redirect existing infrastructure to nourish plants instead of contributing to pollution in our ocean.This is Sweetwater's first workshop in Carpinteria, and we're happy to extend our services to our sister city to the south. We encourage locals in or near Carpinteria to come out, as well as anyone else in the region who wants to learn more about Permaculture, food forests, and rainwater capture.Join us on Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 8:30am-1:30pm
Let's celebrate, that along with all our challenges, acts of kindnessin little and big ways are always happening on our shared planet ....