[Southern California Permaculture] Dig a Delightful Dry Creekbed Sat March 28

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 14:25:17 PST 2015

Dig a Delightful Dry Creekbed with Sweetwater, Sat March 28
Combining elegance with functionality, this dry creekbed feature will wind its way through boulders and smaller stones, allowing a safe and beautiful place for rainwater to slow, spread and sink on this Mission Canyon property.Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 8:30 am-1:30pm.Register online at this link:http://sweetwatercollaborative.org/civicrm/event/info?id=24&reset=1The path of stormwater running onto our hosts' driveway has been diverted into a pipe that opens into the head of the planned creekbed. The next step is to make the water flowing when it rains into a resource to hydrate the landscape, build soil, water trees, and provide a place of beauty and repose.
Boulders are already in place and the path of the creek has been designed among a mulched landscape interspersed with trees. We have opened this workshop up to a greater number of participants so that the work can be shared all along the path of the creekbed. Join us on Saturday, March 28 from 8:30am-1:30pm to contribute to the effort while learning a different rainwater harvesting technique.  We will also explore when and how it's possible to convert run-on from a nuisance to a resource.WhenMarch 28th, 2015 8:30 AM   through   1:30 PM
Let's celebrate, that along with all our challenges, acts of kindnessin little and big ways are always happening on our shared planet ....