[Southern California Permaculture] Greywater 101 in Goleta Thurs Feb 18; Laundry to landscape workshop Sat Feb 20

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 09:21:23 PST 2016

Sweetwater Collaborative is offering a basic class in Greywater Design and Installation for anyone in the community who is interested. This class includes a short Powerpoint presentation, playing or watching the Greywater Puzzle game, and considering individual questions about specific properties and their unique characteristics and challenges. Get the answers we don't have time to go into in depth at our hands-on workshops.Laundry to landscape installations will be highlighted although other greywater possibilities will be discussed. A variety of options for design and installation and financial incentives will also be shared. We will discuss the Showers to Flowers model and the recent change in permitting requirements for shower and bathroom sink greywater in the unincorporated Goleta Valley, and show some examples of branched drain systems.Suggested donation $10 per person or $15 a couple. Please pay with cash or by check at the door.Class will be held at the Goleta Community Center, 5679 Hollister, Goleta, CA 93117 This class is co-sponsored by the Goleta Water District and the City of Goleta.Greywater 101 class, Thursday, February 18, 7- 8:30pm, Goleta Community Center | Sweetwater Collaborative

|   |
| Greywater 101 class, Thursday, February 18, 7- 8:30pm, Goleta Community Center | Sweetwater Col...Sweetwater is offering a basic class in Greywater Design and Installation for anyone in the community who is interested. This class includes a short Powerpoint presentation, playing or watching the Greywater Puzzle game, and considering individual questions about specific properti... |
|  |
| View on sweetwatercollaborative.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Greywater- It's Berry Nice! Laundry to landscape installation workshop, Sat Feb 20, 10:00am - 3:00 pm, FREE  Snacks, lunch, drinks, and tools will be provided.  Fred Hunter and Josh Graning will be the instructors.Sweetwater Collaborative planted a berry nice yard in a hands-on workshop here in January and it needs a steady source of water to grow well and be productive. Laundry greywater is the answer! Help us bring the water to the plants. This hands-on workshop will take place in north Goleta, near Girsch Park. Once you sign up, we'll send you the exact address. Register here http://sweetwatercollaborative.org/civicrm/event/register?id=37&reset=1We will install a laundry to landscape greywater system starting at a high efficiency front loading washer that's in the garage right next to the front yard. We'll take the piping to the four blueberries, three blackberries, three raspberries, pineapple guava, Fuyu persimmon, and Brown Turkey Fig that we planted a couple of weeks ago.This will be a learning through doing workshop, with additional educational points reviewed during the break and lunch. If you want to learn more about greywater before the workshop, we encourage you to attend our monthly lecture/classes on greywater. There you'll get answers to general questions or specifics not related to the workshop installation that we don't have time to cover during our hands-on workshops.  The suggested donation for these classes is just $10 per person.  Our next Greywater 101 class will take place on Thursday, February 18, just two days before this workshop.
Hope to see you at one or both of these events as we help to grow greywater in Goleta!! Please spread the word about these opportunities.for more information, contact barbara wishingrad bwishingrad at gmail.com or 805-403-4566
Everything ChangesEverything is ConnectedPay Attention