[Southern California Permaculture] Miss the talk with Jerome Osentowski?/Forest Garden Greenhouse Youtube

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Mar 8 11:44:38 PST 2016

Hi Everyone -

Did you miss the talk with Jerome Osentowski last
Sunday with his talk about his newly published
book, The Forest Garden Greenhouse?

Below is an excellent short video if you did, or
if you were there but want to review some of the ideas from his talk.

One of the design components that caught all of
our attention, but a bit hard to understand on
first hearing, was the Climate Battery™, the
subterranean heating & cooling system design,
which he and his architect partner Michael
Thompson with their EcoSystems Design company
developed and are now using for both residential
and commercial greenhouse designs.  it's brilliant!

For more than 35 years, Jerome has been
diligently working out designs & permaculture
systems for his home & property in Basalt
Colorado, where he grows food at 7200 ft on
rocky, bare soils, without fertilizers.   He also
mentioned he has the longest running Permaculture
Design Course (PDC) in the world!  so a wealth of
knowledge, we are deeply thankful for these
pioneers who paved the way for so much that has come later...

You can purchase The Forest Garden Greenhouse
directly from Jerome's nonprofit CRIMPI, or from
Chelsea Green publishers, always better to
support the author, or the publishers committed
to sustainabilty and permaculture, rather than
Amazon, no matter what the cost savings, got to live our values ya know!

The Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute Youtube (8min)
Jerome Osentowski/The Forest Garden Greenhouse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AzpydtlGs

where to buy the book:

Chelseagreen Publishers:
http://www.chelseagreen.com/the-forest-garden-greenhouse

CRIMPI/EcoSystems Design:
http://www.ecosystems-design.com/

The Forest Garden Greenhouse

EcoSystems Design
Jerome Osentowski & Michael  Thompson
http://www.ecosystems-design.com/

Eco Systems Design is a consulting firm
specializing in regenerative agriculture, edible
landscaping, and energy productive building
design. We have over 30 years experience in
permaculture design, greenhouse polycultures,
architecture, farming, market gardening, and
teaching. We consult locally, nationally, and
internationally, designing sustainable living systems.

Permaculture Design

Ecological Golf Course Design

Natural Weed Control

Re-Vegetation

Edible Landscaping

High Altitude Greenhouse Design

Geodesic greenhouses for Schools/ inexpensive
Geodesic designs are very strong and can
withstand the harsh Rocky Mountain weather

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org