[Southern California Permaculture] July at Mesa Harmony Garden

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Fri Jul 1 14:12:28 PDT 2016

Do come and join us for one of our Saturday morning work-parties this month – there’s plenty to do!

Our main focus in July will continue to be Summer Pruning.

Here is the rest of our current to-do list:

1.     working on the patio feature.

2.     cleaning up around the shed.

3.     cleaning out the bio-swale and the water catchment basins.

4.     weeding and sheet mulching the back property.

5.     cleaning up and weeding around the gate area where the compost and worm bins are located and turning the compost materials.

6.     starting the tree nursery.

7.     removing trees that aren’t thriving.

8.     weeding the fox tails from the seating/gathering area.

9.     cleaning and sharpening our tools and discarding those that are beyond repair.

10.  clearing and mulching our paths

11.  planting more succulents + a Mesa resident is donating a load of Aloes from her yard.

12.  building gopher baskets for the new roses Larry is going to give us.

13.  gopher control.

14.  finish the mapping project and tagging all the trees.

15.  keeping an ever-watchful eye on the irrigation hoses.

16.  updating this list…

If you like hanging out with other gardeners, spreading mulch, pulling weeds, taking care of trees – this is where you need to be.

Garden Calendar:

Saturdays        – Volunteer work-party {9am-12noon}

Hope to see you at the garden soon.

Thanks

Hugh

Hugh Kelly