[Southern California Permaculture] Climate

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Oct 11 22:26:07 PDT 2016

here's the bottom line for me -

I'm not voting for ANYONE who doesn't mention Climate Change
significantly in their campaigns,  whether local, state, or national
elections - SERIOUSLY

Today on the campaign trail Hillary Clinton gave a talk with Al Gore
(Earth in Balance author 1992; Inconvenient Truth documentary 2004,
former US  vice president)

both spoke clearly, no messing around, whole talk focused on climate
change, remarkable

Al Gore & Hillary Clinton in Florida Today (Oct 11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ytss9lfFs

footnote, City of Lancaster, CA with Republican Mayor and
conservative city council, treating Climate Change as priority,
mandatory solar panels on all new homes,
aims to be solar capital of the world, first net zero city in the
world,  green infrastructure plan,  revitalized pedestrian enhanced
downtown...
R. Rex Parris, Mayor of Lancaster, California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjaSo3ruQs

I've been around a long time, grew up in the sixties, came of age in
the seventies, when we had great hopes for solar, other alternative
energies, many of my friends involved in these kinds of projects,
many even government sponsored.  but we became Luddites, stuck in
19th & 20th century combustion technologies, where you blow something
up in small chamber (engine) or large (nuclear power plant) to get
energy,  unfortunately very dirty, dangerous & polluting.

We are too clever & smart as Americans not to move forward to 21st
century technologies.   We are an innovative creative people, lets
get going.  we've literally lost decades, can't waste any more time,
whether for the planet or our economy.

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190