[Central Coast CA Permaculture] The future will be determined by the choices we make.

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Sun Mar 10 20:44:16 PDT 2019

Hello Permaculture Community,

No matter what, the future will be determined by the choice we make. What choices will we make? Here is an excerpt from an article about this:

“We will need to look deep within ourselves, and at the society and systems around us, and make our choice. I just hope that all we make an thoughtful choice. I hope it is guided equally by our heart and our head. I hope we have a clear moral vision of the world we want to build, and develop the knowledge and wisdom we need to build it in a safe, secure, and sustainable way. So, what’s it going to be? Will we be a noble people, or a shallow one? Will we build a good future, or a bad one? That’s up to you. And me. And all of us.”

Here is the link to the full article by Jonathan Foley: https://globalecoguy.org/making-our-choice-8e88c562af29

Can you show some LOVE (at the LOVE SLO Community Service Day) to City Farm SLO on March 16th? 9am to 12noon

Can you volunteer your time and talents? Select a project below by clicking on the project name to view details and register today.

We need your assistance in getting ready for spring out at the farm after all these storms. https://www.loveslo.com/communityservice

Check out the midyear report on CityFarm SLO on this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVv1kFwIgQ <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVv1kFwIgQ&feature=youtu.be> &feature=youtu.be

Check out our new website and donate towards the cause of sustainable ag education on the farm: http://cityfarmslo.org

Are we going to come together as a community of people who want to learn more about local farming, permaculture practices, and to support our local farmers?

Then come to one of our upcoming MeetUps for the San Luis Obispo Food and Farm Adventures MeetUp Group:

https://www.meetup.com/San-Luis-Obispo-Food-and-Farm-Adventures/

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - LOVE SLO Volunteer Day at City Farm SLO

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - Quail Springs Permaculture Farm Tour

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - Regenerating Earth & Spirit at Sunburst Sanctuary

Sunday, April 7, 2019 - Transforming Clay Soil with Soil Harmonics Leader Amanda Smith

Also, we need YOUR help to finish building a cob playhouse for children at Our Global Family Village at City Farm SLO. This is a community funded event and we need your help in order to make this dream happen for the kids! Please donate to our GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/mud-hut-cob-building-project

Are we going to choose Sustainability?

Join us for a Soiree & Lecture March 17, 2019 7:30 Lecture

Congregation Beth David

10180 Los Osos Valley Road, San Luis Obispo

(One block east of the intersection of LOVR & Foothill Blvd.

Ken Haggard’s talk will cover the experience of San Luis Sustainability Group, architects with sustainable design locally, and the latest thoughts on the subject by physicist Geoffrey West in his recent book, Scale: The Universal Laws of Life, Growth, and Death in Organisms, Cities, and Companies. Gather at 7PM; talk starts 7:30 P.M. (Flyer is attached)

Do you live in Arroyo Grande, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo or an unincorporated area of SLO County? Can you meet the SLO Green Challenge?

The  <https://calpoly.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=00ac980a6806a4b193b053683&id=8b8adf3244&e=449afc1bdb> SLO Green Challenge is a platform that allows residents to take action to make their lives more green, collect points for those actions and create impactful teams with neighbors, friends or family. .  <https://calpoly.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=00ac980a6806a4b193b053683&id=0e43f95749&e=449afc1bdb> Sign up today and encourage your neighbors to join! Teams are now forming to meet the “green challenge.”

Are we going to choose to help the homeless?

From: Becky Jorgeson of Hope’s Village http://www.hopesvillageofslo.com/  [mailto:beckyrjorgeson at yahoo.com]

FYI - Let's get out and support this new organization - they are housing (and building tiny homes for unhoused women veterans) -- March 17th at the California Pizza Kitchen!

Operation WEBS Women Empowered Build Strong has been diligently working to provide housing for homeless and displaced women Veterans. As of Tuesday this week, we have our home in Orcutt registered as a transition home for female Veterans (pictures and announcement posted on Facebook and Instagram)

Please if you know of services which we can collaborate with to help these women please pass on our information. I've attached our flyer as well as a fundraiser flyer for distribution. The fundraiser is important as we try our best to raise much needed money for our success.

Thank you to everyone working to help our Veterans!

See you at the California Pizza Kitchen on March 17th!!

Respectfully,

Blair

  <https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1MCA_hoTFyGmdSfsbOWXNRi0B0pEoRZAu&revid=0B-sYI86uhcasU3Arc3o5VlNuek5CYmc0aDR0cy96RWU4YkxjPQ>

Perhaps you are going to choose to become a beekeeper?

Central Coast Beekeepers Association Beekeeper's meeting 6 PM, Monday, March 18th

Sipe Company,  7455 Morro Rd,  Atascadero
Presentation by SLO County Ag Department.

Laine Bauer and CeRae MacAulay of the SLO County Ag Department will be speaking about new registration and pesticide safety options for county beekeepers.
Emily Hutchings of the USDA Farm Service will provide information on support for beekeepers by USDA

Are we Cultivating Change for Economic Justice & Community Resilience?

Here are some offerings on that topic with the Santa Cruz Permaculture Guild

*	March 16-17:  <https://santacruzpermaculture.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ec800acade1d225c494addee&id=1ae7663e96&e=84f98fd5ed> "Restorative Economics: Strategies for Just Transition to a more Sustainable, Equitable and Just Economy" with Nwamaka Agbo
*	March 22-24:  <https://santacruzpermaculture.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ec800acade1d225c494addee&id=b44a9d8328&e=84f98fd5ed> California Ecosystem Restoration Council
*	March 30:  <https://santacruzpermaculture.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ec800acade1d225c494addee&id=039335a306&e=84f98fd5ed> City Repair Santa Cruz, A Workshop with Mark Lakeman
*	Fundraiser:  <https://santacruzpermaculture.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ec800acade1d225c494addee&id=df16bfe274&e=84f98fd5ed> Contribute to Max Jimenez’s Permaculture Education Fund
*	Starts April 13:  <https://santacruzpermaculture.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ec800acade1d225c494addee&id=579a30d60a&e=84f98fd5ed> Santa Cruz Permaculture Design Course
*	For Sale:  <https://santacruzpermaculture.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ec800acade1d225c494addee&id=8377ec60c2&e=84f98fd5ed> Hoshigaki Handmade Whole Dried Hachiya Persimmons

Are we going to have a solar future? Are you wanting to learn how to install solar systems?
Then join SunWork for a volunteer solar installation workshop! This 3-hour classroom training session teaches the basics of rooftop solar, solar equipment, electricity, and construction safety. Afterwards, volunteers are eligible to participate on solar installations on the Central Coast working together with SunWork's professional staff, attaching racking, running conduit, hanging inverters, and mounting the solar panels that make a system tick. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/volunteer-solar-installer-orientation-with-sunwork-slo-9-am-to-noon-tickets-56014605192
When: Saturday, March 30th, 2019, 9-12pm
Where: SLO French Hospital

Are we going to practice and participate in the Art of Living?
Please read below the invite from Frankie Lee Slater and assist her in finding her next best place to live.

Hello Lovely Circle -

In the classic understanding of the Heroin or Hero's Journey (which I believe we are all on in our own way!), there comes a moment when, the Treasure found, it's time to make the Return and Bring It!.

What none of us can really anticipate until we're in it, is this is often the Most Challenging phase.

Why? - because it is where we meet the very world we went beyond, to come full circle.  In our modern society it looks like siloed worlds, over amped productivity and busyness, and a kind of "as if connectedness" without really feeling it, at least not with the consistency we could be.

Not yet, that is!

Which is where The Art of LIVING comes in, woven in and as our lives over 20+ years, co-creating and living together.  A living model alive in the world, in and as our lives, documented and ready to be shared with people everywhere....

This is to invite you to listen to "Tell Me Your Story" as host Richard Dugan interviews me on the subtleties of the art of living.  And be in touch afterwards, so we can explore co-creating at an even higher octave!  Richard is a spirited interviewer with a true gift of bringing out the best in people.  I'm confident you'll catch the verve.  Indeed, my dear friend Amara wrote me, "Just listened to your powerful interview with Richard.  I feel enlightened!"

My request, front and center, here now, is...

for my next Host Home, where I can be powerfully based with just the right collaborator people, and together we can take my designs for The Art of LIVING and CIRCLES UNITING Global into production.  I feel between our circle and theirs, the perfect people-place combination already exists...It's a Family Affaird!

Thanks in advance.  Lots more to share in the days and weeks to come.  Please Reach Out!!

Blessings,

FrankieLee

cell: 310-266-2202

Thanks for doing what you choose to do!