[Lapg] Fruit Tree Pruning & Care 1/26

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 17:34:57 PST 2008

i'm posting this for ned  boyer...........

Fruit tree pruning and care
     Skill-sharing workshop

  Saturday, January 26, 2008, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  @ the home of Ben and Joya Roy
  470 Lakeview, Pasadena
    north of La Loma, east of Avenue 64,
    south of the Ventura/134 Freeway
    (Lots of street parking but carpooling or
bicycling
    is encouraged!)
       Ben and Joya will provide a light lunch of
rice, lentils, and a
veggie dish at about noon to 12:30 p.m. or so. We'll
continue with the
workshop after lunch.
     Donations accepted but not required.
     Please contact Ben and Joya if you can attend so
they can plan the food appropriately. (E-mail is
joyanrab at hotmail.com and phone is 626-799-2669).
       If you have other questions about the workshop,
please call Ned at
(626) 799-6615.

  Fruit tree pruning and care with Ned Boyer, Jan. 26,
2008
  Learn how to properly prune your fruit trees to keep
them healthy and
productive, then participate in a Q & A about how to
choose the right
tree, planting, watering, mulching, etc.

  Ned Boyer is a professional gardener and
horticulturalist who
completed the LA/UC Master Gardener training program
in 2003. He specializes
in fruit trees.

  The more people who can successfully grow their own
fruits and
vegetables the better!   Knowing when to prune, why we
prune an apple
differently from the way we prune a peach, and so on,
will allow people to
support their own trees and pass the knowledge on to
family, friends, and
neighbors.
  Bring a pair of leather gloves so you can try some
hands-on pruning
yourself. Protecting yourself when you use cutting
tools is essential!

  Let's keep the circle of knowledge expanding!

   The Roys have a variety of trees for us to look at
and learn from: plums, peach, apple. Some of the trees
are already in good shape and others need substantial
remedial work, so we'll have a real variety.