[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Gardens of Gratitude Weekend Follow-Up & Google Group Launch!

Grow Food Party Crew growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 22:54:57 PDT 2009

Hey Everyone!

We had an extraordinary weekend planting gardens all over town! Thank you
everyone for opening up your homes and pitching in to plant gardens. What a
great time - eating delicious food, playing with soil, plants, and our best
(new and old) friends. If somehow, you got skipped over, let us know and
we'll get things taken care of.

I know - you want to know how many we put in. 99? 30? 525???

No, we put in 6 total. Somehow, we are totally excited about that
accomplishment! More gardens may have happened that weren't facilitated by
the Grow Food Party Crew, but we don't have the count yet.* If you put in a
garden that weekend, please let us know.*

So why just 6 gardens? Well, we had some design limitations and
communication issues.
1. If we had more time, we likely would have gotten the word out further.
2. We only had 15 people sign up for gardens, and a number of them never got
back to us.
3. We could have used more stakeholders in 100 gardens happening. If more
people took it on to see 100 gardens happen, we would have had a better
chance. Most folks were excited about the idea, but did nothing. (Yo,
where's da crew at?)

Ultimately, we are taking responsibility as the planning crew and we have
harvested lots of feedback. Gardens of Gratitude is more than a 1 time event
- it is an evolving template for groups to use globally. We have done our
best to have fun with everyone and our number 1 priority is that we have
LOVE be at the center of our relationships. We thank you for our forgiveness
for anything that could have left you confused, angered, injured, etc. :)

DONATIONS
We had $350 in web fees to get the site up and running. If everyone pitched
in $2 we would have more than that. If 10 people gave $35, yes, we would
have it covered. If you can support this event in any way, you can send
donations via paypal by logging into your paypal account and sending a
payment to: growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com. Or you can go to
www.growfoodpartycrew.org and click the "donate now" button.

WHAT'S NEXT
Tonight we launched the new Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz Google Group so
we can all communicate with each other and throw parties all over the place!
We wanted to launch this with our upcoming website, but that is still in the
works. Sign up ASAP as we will soon be sending all announcements to that
group. You don't need a gmail account - any email address will do.

http://groups.google.com/group/growfoodpartycrewsc

Look out for an upcoming email about a GFPC Group Design Session. We will
meet together over a delicious potluck and spread the love and
responsibility by opening up the group to people who are excited to help get
more parties happening locally.

*Special thanks to all the unseen help that happened out there and to all
the miracles that happened and those that are on their way!*

With gratitude rippling throughout the world!
Devin

--
Devin Slavin
Regenerative Design & Mentoring

Upcoming Events:

Gardens of Gratitude: The 100 Garden Challenge!
Santa Cruz, CA - June 6&7, 2009 (Next Week!)
http://www.GrowFoodPartyCrew.org <http://www.growfoodpartycrew.org/>

Next 1-Day Permaculture Course - Sunday, June 14
All Challenges Are Gifts: An Introduction to Permaculture
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5281/3lw.jpg

Mind of Mentoring (Part of the Cultural Mentoring Series)
Regenerative Design Institute - Aug. 29-Sept 4 - Venture Retreat in
Pescadero, CA
http://www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/mind-mentoring

Video:

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4