[Scpg] Strawbale/Carpentry Course

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Jan 21 11:28:51 PST 2003

Strawbale/Carpentry course
May 15th-July 15th
Instructors:Mo Cordes,Kit Maloney,Tracy Calvert
accepting 5 participants,4 placements remaining.
This course will be finishing the beautiful post and beam home that we started
spring 2002.We will be finishing the exterior decks,framing all interior
walls,framing and creating the window assemblies and constructing the loft.We
will install,secure and trim the strawbales that will makeup the exterior
walls.During the 2 month S/B course,we will have a 4 day Cob
workshop(June13th-16th)in which we will construct an interior bench with a
rocket stove and a stair case.
The interior walls will be straw-clay infill.Then the plaster;earthen and
lime.As you can see,this course will be extremely varied which is a great
oppurtunity to learn different N/B techniques and to be immersed in the
community.Thankyou for your time.With much gratitude,Tracy.Check out our web
page,www.cobworks.com.For more info and enrollment contact,tracy at cobworks.com

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous