[Scpg] Eleventh Annual Permaculture Summer Gathering Earthaven, Black Mountain, NC

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Jul 19 07:26:02 PDT 2004

Eleventh Annual Permaculture Summer Gathering

August 6th through 8th, 2004 Earthaven Ecovillage
<http://www.earthaven.org/> near Black Mountain, NC

You are invited to a gathering of permaculture activists, natural builders,
organic growers, medicine makers,and cultural evolutionaries. Recharge your
spirit in the company of your tribal sisters and brothers in the rich
forested valleys of the Southern Appalachian Bioregion.

Some of the Events: Bioregional Organizing - Slides - Organic Gourmet
Cookery - Plant and Seed Exchange - Barter Exchange - Permaculture Classes
- Plant Walks - Display Booths - Earthaven Tours - Open Space Process -
Storytelling - Saturday Night Extravaganza - Kids Activities - Creative
Merrymaking
Affinity Circles: Making a Living on the Land - Permaculture - Alternative
Economics - Natural Building - Organic Growing - Eco-spirituality -
Community Building - Integrated Agriculture- Creating Sacred Space -
Community Health

Cost: $100 for 3 days
after July 15th, price is $115
Includes 2 nights camping and 7 hearty vegetarian meals

Pre-gathering Workshops Include:

Aug 4 & 5, Wild and Fermented Foods with Sandor Katz and Frank Cook - $160.
Runs from 10AM on Wednesday to 4PM on Thursday. Price includes tuition,
hand-outs, camping, and 4 meals.
Explore the permaculture edges of fermented and foraged food. In this
intensive two-day workshop we'll get hands-on experience wildcrafting, weed
eating, and fermenting many different things, including herbal elixir
meads, tempeh, kefir, idli, sourdough, amazake, sauerkraut, kimchi, miso,
and injera. Join renowned plant teacher Frank Cook, and Sandor Ellix Katz,
author of Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of
Live-Culture Foods, for this culinary multi-cultural extravaganza..

Aug 5, Introduction to Permaculture with John (Otter) McBride and Winn
Mallard - $60. Runs from 10-4 on Thursday and includes tuition, hand-outs,
and lunch.
Whether youâEUR^(TM)re an old hand at Permaculture or this is your first
dip, Otter John and Winn will be offering up a fresh perspective on the
foundations of sustainability. Be prepared to participate! The vision of
cooperative culture can be accessed through the _expression of our creative
arts. We will be co-creating a somewhat cacophonic cross-cultural
collaboration connecting us to our own collective consciousness communally.
Join us for a day of enlightening and experiential cultural _expression.

      For more information on the 11th Permaculture Gathering, reply to
      this email, phone (828) 669-7552, or click to register on our
      webpage
      <http://www.earthaven.org/culture/Eventdetails/pcgathering.htm>!

--
Keith Johnson