[Southern California Permaculture] Fwd: Space available in LGBTIQ friendly permaculture compound

Mike Albers safetypunk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:35:41 PDT 2015

Good morning and happy summer!

A room just opened up in our little permaculture compound in Ventura. We
are located in West Ventura 8 blocks from the beach and 8 blocks from
downtown in a friendly little working class neighborhood.

Our small compound is a WWOOF host and has a fair number of folks from all
over the world coming by to laugh and garden. We have avocado, lemon,
orange, persimmon, pomegranate, guava, banana, fig, loquat, mandarin and
cherimoya and passion fruit growing, as well as several garden beds with
the usual tomatoes, artichokes, beets, greens, and garlic. We have bees,
two dogs, a barn owl and a wee possum named Junior (Junior lives under the
woodpile but is a regular fixture). We have had hens and probably will
again soon. Or maybe those walking ducks. Gray water system and rooftop
gardening will be getting underway soon. There is additional garden bed
space available should you be wanting to do your own thing.

Room is approximately 12×12' and has two large windows and a closet. The
smallish house has a claw foot tub, WiFi, woodstove, grill, gas range,
laundry and lots of sofa beds for guests. There are three houses in the
fenced compound and we have a really healthy, fun little scene. We are
mostly vegetarian and completely  LGBTIQ positive. Lots of potlucks and
records and laughing, though we tend to go to bed early. Kids, couples and
friendly non-pitbull/rottweiler dogs are welcome.

Rent is $500 a month plus a share of utilities. Drop me a line if you are
interested and I'll be happy to show you around.

-Mike
805.653.5564